Smart Security Camera Careers
As a leading security services company in South Florida, Smart Security Camera looks for bright, assertive professionals to grow along with us. Smart Security Camera features a wide range of cutting-edge technology products and systems for home and business.Working at Smart Security means working as part of a team; you’ll find the tools, resources, and support to help you realize your full potential. Our mission is to be the leading systems, services and solutions provider by exceeding customer’s expectations through superior service delivery, world-class talent and applied technological innovation.
Current Position(s) Available
Technician|Systems Installer: We are currently seeking an experienced systems installer/technician with over 5 years of experience. Responsible for performing skilled technical work in the service/repair, alteration, installation and maintenance of all security related systems; resolving immediate operational and/or safety concerns; maintaining a preventive maintenance program; and assisting other skilled trades.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Professional, well-groomed, and clean appearance.
- Exercise good customer relations skills, by dealing with customer problems calmly and effectively, minimizing the number and degree of complaints.
- Performs service/installation of closed circuit television systems, in both commercial and residential spaces. Access control, alarm, etc. is a plus
- Evaluates, diagnoses, troubleshoots systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Performs upgrades and additions to systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Performs computer program entry as required to add closed circuit television cameras, access control devices, and intrusion alarm systems as needed.
- Terminating cables (coaxial, Cat 5/6…) and installing devices such as card readers, telephone-entry, intercom, motion detector, Glass breakers, door strikes, mag locks, cameras, etc.
- Prepares documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats (e.g. daily paperwork/log, time and materials, key and material records, key inventory, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information.
- Instruct and train customers on functional operation of the equipment/system. Conduct simulations and answer questions.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, operational/product manuals in order to understand the requirements to properly service, inspect or install equipment. Obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Transports a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Must possess excellent communications skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with the customer. Demonstrate promptness in completing tasks and in maintaining a highly- organized schedule. May be required to work overtime and be on call, to respond to emergency situations.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer, networks, and information technology related systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of structured cabling.
- Intermediate knowledge of conduit.
- Must have a strong work ethic and take pride in their work. Quality of work is key.
- At least 5 years of experience installing CCTV systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows and use of test equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work alone with little direction, problem-solving oriented but also work well with others.
- Have basic hand tools for the trade.
- Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions.
- Familiarity with NEC Standards, local electrical codes, OSHA regulations.
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver license with clean record,
- Certifications and or experience with the following a plus: Lenel, Lutron, Keydigital, Keri-System Software, Onssi, Exacq Vision, Milestone.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain security clearance.
- Drug-Free Work Place.
Support: (954) 925-2127
Email: Send Us an Email
Mailing Address: 2028 Harrison St. Suite 206. Hollywood, FL 33020