License Plate Recognition Systems For HOAs
Gated Communities| HOA’s and LPR
HOA License Plate Recognition Systems are becoming increasingly popular in gated communities and HOA’s throughout South Florida. As the name implies, as the car approaches the gate, the license plate reader scans the information and compares it to a predetermined list of those with permission to enter through the gates. If there is a match, the gate opens automatically – if the license plate does not match an authorized user entry is denied.
LPR systems continue to evolve and can now capture information from acute angles, in any lighting conditions and, most importantly, at high speed. Images can be processed in color and infrared and users can be automatically alerted by a visual overlay on the screen, an audible alarm, an SMS message or an email message – or any combination of these.
An example of Use (ENTRANCE):
- A vehicle drives in front of an inbound lane’s license-plate camera.
- An image of its license plate is automatically sent to the systems decoding engine in the Gatehouse.
- Within seconds, the license plate information is recorded, processed, and the vehicle is identified.
- The plate details are checked against a database to see whether the visitor is approved for entry to the community.
- Automated alerts can be sent via text or email if desired (inbound and/or outbound) to property managers, board members, etc.
- Gates can be triggered to open automatically if vehicle belongs to a valid visitor or homeowner.
- The vehicle is placed in “On-Premise” list (upon inbound loop event). Officers will have an accurate list of which vehicles are/were on-property in real-time and for historical forensic reports.
An example of Use (EXIT):
- A vehicle drives in front of an outbound lane’s license-plate camera.
- An image of its license plate is automatically sent to the systems decoding engine in Gatehouse.
- Within seconds, the plate information is verified against the “On-Premise” list.
- Gates can be triggered to open automatically once license plate info is received.
- Once the vehicle has exited and the gate closes, the vehicle is removed from “On-Premise” list (upon outbound loop event).
Support: (954) 925-2127
Email: Send Us an Email
Mailing Address: 2028 Harrison St. Suite 206. Hollywood, FL 33020